Pineapple is in season now and if the only pineapple you have tried came pre-cut, you have no idea what you are missing out on. A freshly cut pineapple is full of flavor and makes a great snack. It took me years to buy one though because I had no idea how to cut it. If the same thing has been holding you back, scroll down for instructions on preparing your fresh pineapple.
1. Cut off the top and bottom about an inch down.
2. Stand up the pineapple and cut off the outside layer without going too deep.
3. Remove the eyes by using a small knife to either carve them out or to create a diagonal trench.
4. Cut into 1-inch thick slices.
5. Using the small paring knife, cut out the center core.
6. Cut the ring into small wedges.
Monday: C.R.A.F.T * Keeping It Simple * Jam Hands * Tuesday: Not Just A Housewife * Chef In Training * Sugar Bee Crafts * Homework * Wednesday: Someday Crafts * Ginger Snap Crafts * White Lights on Wednesday * Simply Designing Thursday: Tidy Mom * What's Cooking, Love? * Friday: The 36th Avenue * Link Party Palooza: Somewhat Simple, Today's Creative Blog, Tatertots and Jello, I Heart Naptime, Lil Luna Saturday: Six Sister's Stuff * Sunday: Flamingo Toes * Nifty Thrifty Things